The software was originally created to run on Windows 98 operating systems and will often not function properly with later versions of Windows. There is an easy solution to the problem that will allow the software to operate on later versions of Windows including Vista.
Once the software is installed,
- left-click Start,
- left-click All Programs,
- left-click Datacom Textron Report Manager.
- Move the cursor over the Report Manager shortcut link and right-click once,
- then left-click once on Properties. A dialogue box titled Report Manager Properties should now be open.
- left-click the Compatibility tab in the dialogue box. Look for the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" line and make sure the box is checked on the left.
- In the drop down menu directly below the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" line, left-click "Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)"
- Left-click on the Apply button at the bottom of the dialogue box,
- then left-click on the OK button.