Step It Up Challenge Official Rules
2. Sponsor: The Contest is Sponsored exclusively by Greenlee Tools, Inc. 4455 Boeing Drive, Rockford, IL 61109 (the "Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (except for residents of U.S. states of New York and Florida and Canadian residents of the province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Entry and qualify in accordance with these Official Rules (an “Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor (including temporary employees employed during the Contest period), its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or those entities associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Contest, and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) and/or persons living in their same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these “Step It Up Challenge Contest Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and each Entrant represents and warrants that s/he meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Entrant further agrees to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Contest, including eligibility and agrees that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
4. How to Enter:
The Contest will be held in two rounds.
Entries submitted before the First Round’s designated Greenlee Step it Up Challenge Question is posted by Sponsor on its Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn social media pages (“Social Media”) pages or Entries submitted after 11:59PM CST on Thursday, January 28, 2021, will not be eligible for consideration for the Contest. Entrants may not win more than once in First Round or Second Round. Only one Entry per Entrant will be allowed in the First Round. Online Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrant’s online service provider will apply. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest will not assume any responsibility for incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including, but not limited to, human or technical errors, printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same social media account to post Entries.
II. How To Enter Second Round Photo & Description Contest for Grand Prize. The Second Round of the Contest will be held from February 4, 2021 to March 4, 2021 (“the Second Round”). Only Winning Entrants from the First Round may to participate in the Second Round. Such qualifying Second Round Entrants may enter by taking a photo of their New Greenlee GSBSET3 Step Bit Kits in action on a job, and writing a testimonial about the Step Bit Kit that best demonstrates an understanding, uniqueness, and/or skilled trades use of Greenlee GSBSET3 3-piece Step Bits Kit and then Submit the photo and testimonial to Sponsor via either Sponsor’s Greenlee Tools Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and/or Twitter account inbox (a “Second Round Entry”). Second Round Entries mailed by post will not be accepted. They must be uploaded to and sent via the respective Social Media account Direct Message/Private Message feature only. Second Round Entries Photos must be in a .jpeg format and should be taken at a high resolution. Sponsor recommends the uncompressed file size not be larger than 8 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. A Limit of five (5) Second Round Entries per eligible Second Round Entrant are allowed during the Second Round. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same social media account.
All Second Round Entries must be received by the deadline of March 4, 2021. Second Round Entries received before February 4, 2021 at 12:01 am CST or after the deadline March 4, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST will not be eligible for consideration. Sponsor is not responsible for failure to receive any Second Round Entry for any reason, including, but not limited to, submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions, and/or conditions beyond its control. All submitted Second Round Entry photos, including, but not limited to, photos that are accepted, not accepted, received after the deadline, removed, or disqualified, become the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned and no correspondence will be entered regarding the status of any entry in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. Any attempt to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may void entries and may result in being disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries.
By submitting a Second Round Entry in the Second Round, Entrant fully agrees to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such photo and testimonial submission and any and all other text accompanying the entry in whole or in part from the Second Round Entry, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation for promotional or marketing purposes. Each Entrant also grants a waiver and full release relating to the Second Round Entry, including without limitation, waiving rights of publicity or privacy of the Entrant. If requested, Entrant will sign any documents that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the photo or video and submission Second Round Entry, including a winner’s release prepared by Sponsor. By entering, you warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of the photo or video and submission and the photo or video and submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and you further agree that your photo or video and submission conforms to these Official Rules.
All Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered regarding the status of any Entry. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible Second Round Entries will not be considered. Any attempt to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may void entries and may result in being disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Antry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or wellbeing of any Entrant, or if it is determined the Entrant has not complied with applicable laws.
5. What to Enter:
The Contest will be held in two rounds. What you enter will depend on the Round.
First Round Prizes: Fifty (50) winning Entrants will be selected to receive Greenlee’s GSBSET3 3-piece set of Step Bits with an approximate retail value of USD$140.00. (the “Prize”)
- Second Round Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winning Entrant will be selected in the Second Round will receive a Greenlee’s 28-piece Backpack Tool Kit with an approximate retail value of USD$670.00.(the “Grand Prize”)
7. Winner Selection and Requirements
The Winner Selection method to determine a First Round winners and Second Round Grand Prize Winner will be as follows:
10. Warranty. Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that Entrant full power and authority to enter its First Round and Second Round Entries, including with respect to the the photo in the Contest and under these Official Rules, and that any such photo does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights, right to privacy, publicity rights, and/or other law and further agrees that all Entries conforms to these Official Rules.
11. Publicity: by entering this Contest, Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s websites, social media accounts, newsletters), any and all First Round and Second Round Entries, including without limitation, the submission, the photo, the testimonial and other entry materials or information, any photographs or language of the Entrant which may be taken as part of a Prize or Prize-related event, and Entrant’s name, images and likenesses for editorial, advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
12. Indemnity: Entrants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, Contest operators, website administrators, agents, contractors, employees, officers, directors, trustees, members, and representatives from any and all claims, losses, injuries, actions, demands, and damages of any kind, including attorney’s fees, arising from or related to the photos, the license, the Contest, or any breach of these Official Rules , including, but not limited to, any claim for copyright infringement or violation of right to privacy and/or publicity rights.
13. Limit on Liability: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated with Sponsor or the administration of this Contest. The Contest and any related services, website, and social media/networking websites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Sponsor and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, Contest operators, website administrators, agents, contractors, employees, officers, directors, trustees, members, and representatives are not responsible and shall not be liable for any injury, loss, claims threatened claims, or damages related to: (a) participation in the Contest; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communication line failure; or theft or destruction of or unauthorized access or alterations to Contest entries, registrations, and submissions, including, but limited to, photos; (c) any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, human errors or negligence of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrants’ or any other persons’ computers arising out of participation, uploading, or downloading of any materials related to this Contest; (c) Entrant’s participation in, or actions in connection with, the Contest, including, but not limited to, Entrant’s negligence, any injuries sustained by Entrant or third-parties, damages to or loss of camera equipment, or damages to other property, arising out of photo shoots for Entries; (d) acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; or (e) participation in any Contest or Prize-related activity.
15. Right to Terminate or Suspend Contest: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Examples of reasons for termination or modification of the Contest may include (without limitation) Sponsor’s inability to reasonably or fairly conduct or administer the Contest due to business changes, viruses, malware, security breaches, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Official Rules . Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVED THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY DAMAGE CAUSE BY SUCH ENTRANT(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. General Rules: the Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence; (ii)theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (iii)any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of any winner(s) Entrants or Prize(s); or (iv) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Contest, Entrant acknowledges that Entrant has read these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions, rules, guidelines or policies applicable to the Contest, and agrees to abide by them.
17. Disputes Resolved via Arbitration: to the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, Entrant understands and agrees that any claim or dispute regarding the Contest or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) and by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). Such arbitration will be before a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to the commercial dispute resolution procedures and the supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes (“AAA rules”) (to the extent the AAA rules are consistent with these Official Rules ). The panel member will be reasonably acceptable to both parties. If Entrant and Sponsor cannot reasonably agree to a single panel member, the AAA will unilaterally appoint the panel member. The panel member may conduct the arbitration by telephone, online, by written submissions, or any combination of the foregoing, as determined by the panel member. The arbitration will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) and will be governed by Illinois law, without regard for the conflicts of law doctrine. Additionally, by participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that, regardless of whether a claim proceeds in arbitration or in court, (1) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal/attorneys’ fees; and (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
18. Winner's list: for a list of the Prize winners, send your request, referencing the Step it Up Challenge Contest together with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Greenlee Tools inc., 4455 Boeing Drive, Rockford,IL61109, Attn: Mikayla Pleuss no later than June 28, 2021 requests received after June 28, 2021 will not be honored.