Greenlee Gator® Remote Cable Cutter - Removing the Target
“While searching for safer techniques, we found that the industry was still the Wild West, with each utility attempting to wedge in existing tools that were not intended specifically for remote cutting,” said Kevin Kinnerk, retired standards and methods writer. “We reached out to Emerson with this dilemma, explained the vision of an ideal tool, and their Greenlee team took the ball and ran.”
Greenlee’s patent pending technology on the new Gator Remote Cable Cutter gives unparalleled control to the utility professional. These tool features include:
- Cut Control - The operator has the ability to remotely move the blade to stop and reverse the blade at any point.
- Cut Confirmation – The end position blade sensor confirms the cut is complete with audible and visual feedback to the user.
- Battery Gauge Protocol - Tells the user if there is enough battery life to finish cuts before the process begins.
- Manual and Remote Activation – Select between handheld manual or remote usage options.
- Dual Grounding Port – Located on either side of the cutting head for set-up flexibility.
- Flip Top Jaw and Guillotine Style Cutting Head - Secures the conductor.
- Bluetooth Communication - Connect with Greenlee’s i-Press® app to track tool performance.
- Official MET Testing - Testing to IEC 62841-1 has been performed in an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)-approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) facility.
Professionals that use the new Gator Remote Cable Cutter report that the tool helps create a better confirmation process that the shielded cable they are intending to work on is free from energization. “The Gator Remote Cable Cutter and the associated processes helps to ensure the professional is able to safely return home at the end of the day,” said Kinnerk.
Learn more about the new Gator Remote Cutter and schedule a demonstration. Find a local Greenlee distributor.